Having a wireless fence containment system comes with a lot of benefits. If you've been using the wired boundaries for so long, then you can easily understand the perks attached to a wireless system. Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Fence Containment System is one such product that gives you a great leverage of getting rid of wired fences from the yard.
Here is a review of this product elaborating all the pros and cons in a single go!
Petsafe PIF-300 Review Pros and Cons
- Hi-tech Wireless Containment System- This is a radio-fence wireless containment system that gives you freedom from burying wires in the ground. Just plug it in, set the required radius of the boundary on the device, and you are all set to train your dog to follow the boundary marks.
- Zero Maintenance Requirement- With no wires grounded in the yard, no extensive maintenance is required. With this device plugged in, you won't have to worry about any breakage of wires or their replacement.
- Waterproof Collar- The receiver collar that comes with this wireless containment system is waterproof, making it perfect to use in rainy season or during swimming.
- Portability- The portability of this device is one of the greatest features, making it superbly easy to take on vacations, set in parks, or on camping trips. This containment system is not only useful in your own yard, but you can use it any circular area you want to.
- Shelter for the transmitter- This device needs to be under the shade to work efficiently. To get its proper usage it's important to set it up somewhere in the center of your home thus the signals can easily be detected anywhere in the property.
- Works only for Circular Boundaries- This device only allows you to set up a circular perimeter of the boundary, which is a major drawback of this product. It can only be useful for people who own a large property area and can define a set focal point for the device to function and transmit signals properly. This thing makes it impractical to use especially for the urban inhabitants who live in rectangular houses.
- Less Area Coverage - Adding to the disadvantages of this device is its less coverage area. The circular radius of the boundary can only be adjusted to 90 feet (or 180 feet/ 0.5-acre diameter). This surely sounds enough, but the wireless dog fencing system is popular among people living on large properties, and for them about 200 feet radius coverage area be appropriate.
- Battery Issues- Adding more to its limitations is the problems with the battery life. Among other similar products available in the market this device has the shortest battery life.
- Inconsistent Collar Functionality- Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Fence Containment System comes with 2 collars. But this perk is of no use when it fails to perform 100% consistently. There is no issue with the signal transmission, but the collar itself is not built perfectly.
- Awfully Expensive- In comparison with similar products available in the market, which are more efficient in use, this Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Fence Containment System is terribly expensive. It is selling at $389.90, whereas functionally more proficient products can be purchased by spending way less money than this.
- Vague Boundaries- This system fails to maintain a solid boundary line that is adjusted manually. The boundary line changes about 3-5 feet every minute. The inconsistent markings make it extremely hard to train the dog properly, as well as, you'll never be sure of the security of your dog.
Last Updated on