Naturally, dogs love to jump up and move around all over the place, and it's really hard to make them follow the lines. With the wired fences, the task becomes doubly tiring. If you are fed up of digging up your yard and bury wires in order to make a secured boundary area for your dogs to play in, then this Stay and play wireless system will surely do wonders for you.
Within the wireless fence category, a number of products are available in the market, all having specific pros and cons. Here, the major characteristics of PetSafe PIF00-12917 Stay & Play Wireless Fence are discussed. A balanced analysis of both benefits and drawbacks of this product will help you decide its usefulness in your home you can read more about the best invisible dog fences here.
This device is loaded with numerous benefits for the dog owner, a few of which are:
- Adjustable Correction Levels- Depending on your dog's breed and personality, you can adjust it to 5 shock levels. In the first level, there will only be a beep, while in the 4th level the tone alleviates further high.
- No Struggling with Wired Fences- This amazing product rectifies the most annoying and frustrating problem of dealing with the wired fences. Wired fences not only create a clutter and a messy situation in your lawn but are also extremely tiresome to handle. If you've ever encountered such problem, then this wireless fence will prove a breath of fresh air.
- Adjustable Collar Sizes- The size of the receiver collar can be adjusted depending upon the size of your dog. It is perfect for dogs weighing 5 pounds and more.
- Broad Boundary Coverage- It gives a wide wireless coverage of more than 105 feet.
- Long Battery Life- The device comes with a rechargeable battery on the receiver collar that gives you an extended battery life. On an average, if your dog spends 2 hours a day in the play area, then the collar will not need charging before 3 days. Once plugged in, the battery will fully charge within 2-3 hours. In the ideal case, you'll need to recharge the battery only once in a month.
- Portable Parts- One of the most incredible characteristics of PetSafe PIF00-12917 Stay & Play Wireless Fence is its portability. The portability of this fence makes it extremely handy to set it up at different places. You just need to set the device, plug-in, and it'll start working right away.
- Low Performance around Electrical Equipments- This devices doesn't work efficiently around any sort of electrical field. For example, if there is a furnace, car, refrigerator, air conditioner, or dishwasher in the same vicinity then the performance of this wireless fence will not be up o the mark.
- Inconsistent Perimeter Area- It's really tricky to get the right combination of coverage at the adjusted perimeter. Sometimes, the boundary area changes and gives drop out.
- Incompatibility with the metal- The transmitter of this wireless fence system is not compatible with the metal. If you have a metal roof or any other metallic stuff around the dog's play area/ yard, it's better not to purchase this device.
Last Updated on