Every pet needs to follow specific boundaries, and it is really frustrating and sometimes worrisome for the owners when their pet tries to cross these fences. To make things extremely easy to handle, this PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence Pet Containment System lets you mark invisible boundary points/ flags on the dog's play area or your yard. And every time the dog tries to go away from that line, he/ she will experience shock from the collar and you'll get notified of this activity inside your house.
PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System Pros and Cons
Other than safety and security of your pet, this product comes with a lot of perks and benefits for both you and your dog.
Here some of the Key Benefits of this product.
- Wireless System- This is the most distinguishing quality of this containment system. This single perk increases its usability and portability. Above all, a wireless system get relieves you from hard work of digging the yard.
- Ease of Installation- This device is extremely easy to install. Just plug in the transmission device, and according to the reading manual, start training of your dog.
- Wide Area Coverage- This containment system covers a half acre circular area with adjustable 180 feet diameter.
- Waterproof Receiver Collar- PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System comes with waterproof receiver caller, making it perfect to use in different weather conditions.
- Low Battery Indicator- It comes with PetSafe RFA-67 battery. The receiver collar shows low battery indication. Thus reminding you to plug-in the device to recharge.
- Perfect Solution for Stubborn Pets- This containment system is a perfect device to make your pets respect and follow the boundaries. It is very common that dogs tend to go above and beyond the fences or move out of your property fence. But with this pet fence and an easy training exercise, your dog will learn to avoid going beyond the adjusted boundary marks. As the receiver collar starts beeping and dog experience a sharp shock at adjusted level, so she/ he tend to stay away from those fences.
It surely is a great product to keep your pets safe, secure and inside your yard's boundary line. But apart from all the good and healthy benefits, this containment system comes with a few major flaws.Take a look at some of the major drawbacks of this product,
- Works well Only for medium-sized to big Dogs- As mentioned in the product description that this product is best suited for pets weighing up to 8 pounds, while in reality, the receiver collar is extremely hard to fit on cats or smaller dogs. Impracticality of this system on cats or smaller animals suggests that it is only a "dog containment system".
- Unpredictable Boundary Markings- PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System show variable boundary markings, making it really difficult to make one particular set of boundary lines.
- Inconsistent Correction Zones- As soon as the dog moves away from the no-go zone, the beeping voice must stop. But with this device, sometimes the collar remain in the shock mode and keep on buzzing even after the dog has moved 10 feet away from the boundary line.
- Sharp Collar Levels- There is a sharp incline in shock levels from level 2 to level 3. As dogs show no reactions at level 2 while start howling loud at level 3. This makes it really hard to keep things at the normal pace.
Last Updated on