Anyone who lives in a large property area and owns a bunch of dogs would definitely want a permanent and consistently efficient solution for the protection of their dogs within the defined area. For that matter, an underground wired dog fencing system is the best way to keep your dogs contained within the specified play area. SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System or Contain + Train System is one such containment system. Let's analyze its major characteristics.
SportDOG Brand In-Ground Pet Fence System Pros and Cons
Apart from the obvious benefits of protection, shock/ vibration and security, following are some of the most amazing perks of this system,
- Huge Area Coverage- SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System or Contain + Train System can easily cover up to 100 acres of the place. With the availability of 1000 feet long boundary wire, and an easy to install manual in hand, setting up a secured fencing system is extremely easy.
- Waterproof Collar- Now, with this wireless system plugged in, you can freely let your dogs play during rain in your yard, as the receiver collar is water resistant.
- Wire break alarm- With the availability of a built-in mechanism to indicate any wire breakage, you can easily pinpoint the points for maintenance of the wire.
- Lightning protector- The transmitter of this fencing system comes with built-in surge protector, shielding it from any sort of power surge and lightning strike.
- Flexible for Multiple Dogs- The actual size of the fence is enough to secure multiple dogs. To make it useful for an unlimited number of dogs, you can expand it by purchasing additional collars.
- Low Battery Indicator- The receiver collar uses a traditional set of batteries, and have built-in low battery indicator. Thus you can easily purchase new ones beforehand.
In spite of all the great advantages, the wired containment kit has its disadvantages as well. A few of them are listed below!
- Time-consuming Installation- Though the installation manual has elaborative directions, but the whole process of digging up the yard and installation of wire over the large yard is dreadfully time-consuming.
- A lot of Digging and Fencing to do- One of the most obvious downsides of the underground wire fencing system is the excessive amount of work linked to it. Only purchase this containment kit, if you can give a lot of time and energy installing it.
- Battery Issues- This in-ground fence system has a fairly large sized collar battery, which makes it a bit difficult for the dog. Secondly, there is no indication for dying battery on the main unit. Rather you have to figure it out yourself, or by the dog's behavior as in last stages the beeping or shaking becomes inconsistent. Adding to the downside of the battery, after using the system for some time, the battery falls apart. And most importantly the battery life is less than a year.
- Inconsistent Operation: The performance of this SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System or Contain + Train System is not proficient enough to fully rely on as it sometimes shocks the pets way before the boundary line. It may work one day, while on others either the collar may not function properly, or receiver collar may break. Overall, its efficiency is inconsistent.